Clinical Psychologist, and Adjunct Associate Professor
Dr. Eddie is the psychologist on RTE’s Operation Transformation where his practical, respectful and hope orientated approach using cutting edge psychological research – CBT, Mindfulness, Solution Focused therapy, to help you become your real self. Dr. Eddie is an engaging, dynamic and entertaining public speaker and has given many seminars and training events on mental health, wellness to the general public, schools, professionals, organisations and companies. Dr. Eddie is a clinical psychologist, mental health expert, author, teacher, & life coach committed to promoting enduring change using cutting edge psychological research to help you become your real self. He completed a Masters in Health Psychology in City University London, his Doctorate of Psychological Science in Clinical Psychology in University College Dublin (1997 – 2000) and the MBA at UCD Smurfit School of Business in 2009.He is a lecturer, supervisor, researcher and author of professional publications. Dr. Eddie is a Head of Psychology / Principal Clinical Psychologist working in the HSE and is committed to providing professional psychology passionately and promoting successful outcomes using CBT, Mindfulness, Solution Focused therapies for children, adults, families, communities and organisations. He has a specialist interest in trauma and PTSD. He is the psychologist on RTE’s Operation Transformation where his practical, respectful and hope orientated approach has opened the hidden doors of the therapy room to the public at large. He has contributed extensively to local and national media including RTE’s Marian Finucane show & The John Murray Show, The Irish Independent, Irish Daily Mail and RTE Guide. Dr. Eddie is an engaging, dynamic and entertaining public speaker and has given many seminars and training events on mental health, wellness and other popular psychology topics to the general public, schools, professionals, organisations and companies. Becoming Your Real Self is his first book. He is a well known TV psychologist, where his trusted style, practical, respectful and hope orientated approach has a strong solution focus. He has a passion and enthusiasm about wellbeing and the role that nature based solutions play in promoting and enhancing wellbeing.
New Talks for 2022
- 2022 Vision: Achieving Head & Heart Wellbeing – This wellbeing talk uses evidence based psychological research and distils the top ten findings of psychology for you to achieve peace in your head, tranquillity in your heart and power up you life.
- Life Mapping :45 minutes to Change Your Life – Where are you now, where do you want to be? Over the course of 45 minutes this interactive talk will allow participants to re-energize, refocus and rejuvenate their life goals.
- Building Resilience & Tackling Everyday Challenges – This exciting talk focuses on the area of tackling stress and promoting wellness by enhancing resilience. Using evidence based tools for resilience building and wellness promotion based on the science of positive psychology.
- Mental Fitness and Building Resilience – A practical toolkit on proactively putting in mental fitness steps to prevent the development of stress related emotional difficulties.
- Teenagers – Building Resilience & Relationships – This talk will focus on practical aspects of parenting teenagers, surviving summer and strong emotions! Areas included are teenager mental wellbeing – anxiety, anger, eating issues etc
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy