World Ice Record Holder & Breathing Revolutionary
‘I’m not afraid of death, I’m afraid not to have lived fully.’
Dutch extreme athlete Wim Hof got his nickname ‘The Iceman’ by breaking a number of records related to cold exposure including: climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in shorts, running a half marathon above the Arctic Circle barefoot, and standing in a container while covered with ice cubes for more than 112 minutes.
Using ‘cold, hard nature’ as his teacher, his extensive training has enabled him to learn to control his breathing, heartrate, and blood circulation and to withstand extreme temperatures.
Armed with his motto ‘what I am capable of, everybody can learn’, Wim Hof is convinced that everyone can tap into their inner potential without having to invest the same decades worth of study, travel and daring.
Wim has made it his mission to share what he’s learned with the rest of the world. And so he developed the Wim Hof Method: a combination of breathing, cold therapy and commitment that offers a range of benefits.
With his Wim Hof Method, he teaches people from all over the world, from celebrities and professional athletes, to people of all ages, to control their body & mind and achieve extraordinary things.
Wim Hof has not only helped advance scientific understanding, but also accomplished extraordinary feats of human endurance, including 21 Guinness World Records. Below are some of his most memorable achievements.
- Running a half marathon above the Arctic Circle, barefoot only wearing shorts
- Swimming underneath ice for 66 meters
- Hanging on one finger at an altitude of 2,000 meters
- Climbing the highest mountains in the world while wearing only shorts>
- Running a full marathon in the Namib Desert without drinking
- Standing in a container while covered in ice cubes for extended periods of time
- Shown scientifically, that the autonomous nervous system related to the innate immune response, can be willfully influenced, something that was previously unknown to science
What Wim Hof is capable of was long viewed as scientifically impossible. It wasn’t until the first Radboud University study in 2011 that things really kicked off. The study showed that by using his method, Wim was able to voluntarily influence his autonomic nervous system – something which until then was thought impossible.
Wim Hof will teach you how his breathing techniques have allowed him to master any element, however severe. Combined with his unstoppable mindset, Wim Hof will empower you to conquer life’s greatest challenges.
Known benefits of the Wim Hof Method include:
- Stress reduction
- Faster recovery from physical exertion
- Better sleep
- Improved sports performance
- Enhanced creativity
- More focus and mental clarity